There are a lot of things to think about as you prepare to apply to nursing school.
- Where will you go to school? Which city?
- Is this where you will live? Jobs? High demand for nurses?
- Willing to relocate?
- Do you need to work during nursing school?
- Cost of living
- What are the admission requirements?
- TEAS grade requirements
- Transcript grade requirements
All of these need to be taken into account before you spend the time and money applying for nursing school.
With the nursing shortage the demand for nurses is high, so this is definitely a great career for job security, and often decent pay. However, schools are not accepting nursing applicants at rates like they used to. Many nursing programs are struggling to fill the classrooms, but also struggling to find teachers to teach them.